640 items found, showing page 5 of 54
To celebrate National Apprenticeship Week, Northern is turning the spotlight on those at the start of their careers in the rail industry.
- £250k scheme empowers older and disabled people to help transform railway
- Innovative fund will improve access to stations and services across Northern’s network
- Bid scheme will empower Northern users to make a difference
- Groups can bid for up to £50,000 in funding
The future of the railway is in safe hands thanks to Northern’s apprenticeship scheme.
Northern is trialling a new innovative app that will help customers get speedier care if they become ill on board any of the rail operators’ trains.
- Final train to be refurbished enters depot for improvements
- More than 260 trains have been refurbished
- All refurbished trains have improved seating and lighting
- Refurbishment part of Northern’s Better Way to Go programme of improvements
Northern services have returned to the Calder Valley after customers were earlier asked not to travel due to heavy snowfall overnight.
Northern is continuing its efforts to transform the railway in the north by making the network more accessible than ever before.
Northern is giving Lancashire customers a ‘Better Way to Go’ with the installation of a new waiting shelter.
Northern, alongside the rest of the UK rail industry, has introduced amended timetables to continue to help those who need to travel get where they need to be during the coronavirus pandemic.
As part of Northern’s ongoing work to transform rail travel in the North, customers are now seeing £650,000 worth of improvements at car parks across the network.
Northern customers are still being asked to check ahead before travelling as the region continues to feel the impact of flooding.
Northern tells customers 'do not travel' before 12pm Thursday on much of its north west rail network
Northern is advising customers not to travel on many of its routes in the north west of England due to increasingly poor conditions following torrential rain across the region.