615 items found, showing page 5 of 52
- More than 40,000 people applied for jobs with Northern in 2020
- 436 jobs were advertised, with average of 94 applicants per role
- Focus in 2021 is to introduce more diversity to Northern workforce
More than £2 million has been spent on a major overhaul to Bolton station, improving the facility for customers, staff and the wider community - all part of the rail operators commitment to transforming its network.
Northern has crowned its Christmas colouring champion.
Northern has honoured its staff who have gone the extra mile this year to make a positive impact for customers and communities.
Northern has joined the charity Samaritans to remind people they are not alone this festive season.
A project to significantly improve Castleford railway station and provide a more attractive and welcoming gateway to the town has been completed.
Northern is giving its customers the chance to have their say on how the network is run as part of its ongoing transformation and improved customer focus.
Community groups from across the Northern network have been lauded for their efforts in making the railway a better place for all.
Northern is making its network in Greater Manchester safer than ever with the introduction of a specialist team to patrol trains and stations.
Northern has transformed its station lighting thanks to a £7m investment. When completed, nearly 20,000 energy-saving LED bulbs will have been installed across its 480 stations that will significantly cut electricity usage, help the environment and improve security.
Christmas has come early for Northern customers as the train operator launches an advent giveaway.
- 100th brand-new (195133) Northern train introduced
- Newest train is latest part of Northern's wider work to transform rail travel
- Operator now just one train away from completion of £500m investment