668 items found, showing page 7 of 56
The car park has been resurfaced and redesigned, increasing the number of parking spaces for passengers, including the addition of two more accessible bays, taking the total to four.
Rail industry comes together to ensure fewer delays and more seats for passengers thanks to £60m platform extension work
- More than 120 platforms extended at over 70 stations across the Northern network
- Over 2,400m additional platform lengths created – longer than the Humber Bridge
- Overall investment of £60 million
Northern is giving anyone interested in applying for its engineering apprenticeship the chance to sign up for one of its virtual job fairs and speak to those currently in the role about what it's like to work in the rail industry.
Two of Northern’s frontline workers are to be featured in an exhibition celebrating the vital role played by the railway industry during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To celebrate National Apprenticeship Week, Northern is turning the spotlight on those at the start of their careers in the rail industry.
- £250k scheme empowers older and disabled people to help transform railway
- Innovative fund will improve access to stations and services across Northern’s network
- Bid scheme will empower Northern users to make a difference
- Groups can bid for up to £50,000 in funding
The future of the railway is in safe hands thanks to Northern’s apprenticeship scheme.
Northern is trialling a new innovative app that will help customers get speedier care if they become ill on board any of the rail operators’ trains.
- Final train to be refurbished enters depot for improvements
- More than 260 trains have been refurbished
- All refurbished trains have improved seating and lighting
- Refurbishment part of Northern’s Better Way to Go programme of improvements
Northern services have returned to the Calder Valley after customers were earlier asked not to travel due to heavy snowfall overnight.
Northern is continuing its efforts to transform the railway in the north by making the network more accessible than ever before.
Northern is giving Lancashire customers a ‘Better Way to Go’ with the installation of a new waiting shelter.