584 items found, showing page 3 of 49
Community groups from across the Northern network have been lauded for their efforts in making the railway a better place for all.
Northern is making its network in Greater Manchester safer than ever with the introduction of a specialist team to patrol trains and stations.
Northern has transformed its station lighting thanks to a £7m investment. When completed, nearly 20,000 energy-saving LED bulbs will have been installed across its 480 stations that will significantly cut electricity usage, help the environment and improve security.
Christmas has come early for Northern customers as the train operator launches an advent giveaway.
- 100th brand-new (195133) Northern train introduced
- Newest train is latest part of Northern's wider work to transform rail travel
- Operator now just one train away from completion of £500m investment
Northern is calling on its customers to plan journeys carefully ahead of timetable changes later this month.
Customers travelling from two Northern stations will benefit from more than £350,000 of improvement works.
- 102 Pacers have now fully retired
- In more than 35 years, Pacers have travelled over 300million miles in the north
- Final journey – Kirkby to Manchester Victoria – completed by 142004
Northern has bid a final farewell to its fleet of Pacers after more than three decades’ service.
Northern's customers are still being advised to plan journeys carefully following a large fire near to the railway in Bradford.
Disruption is expected on routes through Sheffield station due to the damage caused by a freight train derailing last week.
Northern's customers are being advised to plan journeys carefully following a large fire near to the railway in Bradford.
Northern customers are still being advised not to travel from Sheffield station after a freight train derailed earlier today (November 11).