Some services returned to South Yorkshire this morning (Monday), though amended timetables are in operation on most lines.
Work continues across the region to repair damage caused by floods and prepare the tracks for full timetables.
Northern is working closely with colleagues at Network Rail to return normal working to the railway as soon as possible, but conditions remain challenging and a reduced service will operate on several routes until further notice.
Northern customers across the network are advised to allow extra time for travel and to check ahead as there remains potential for disruption to services and timetables may be amended on some routes.
Status at 5.45pm on Monday 11 November (updates in bold)
Customers are advised not to travel on the following routes until further notice:
- Rotherham Central will remain closed to rail customers until Wednesday at the earliest.
- Doncaster - Scunthorpe, a full service is expected to run from Monday morning, though delays may be possible due to residual issues following flooding at Kirk Sandall.
- Sheffield - Hull, flooding continues to cause issues, but an hourly service will operate between Doncaster and Hull from Monday morning. Services from Scarborough and Bridlington will terminate at Hull. Some additional rail replacement buses are in operation to support train services.
- Sheffield - Doncaster, difficult conditions meant services were not able to run firth thing this morning though an hourly service between Doncaster and Sheffield is now in operation calling at all stations apart from Rotherham Central. Colleagues at TPE are also operating one train per hour in each direction.
- Sheffield - Leeds via Moorthorpe, flooding at Rotherham Central means services will not call at Rotherham until further notice. The line at Rotherham will be closed until at least Tuesday.
Passengers are advised to listen for announcements and check information screens for up dates where possible for your service today.
For up-to-the-minute train running information please check National Rail Enquiries.