Services are expected to run as normal today (Sunday) after floodwater on the track has subsided and repairs are carried out to damaged to lineside equipment that had been below the waterline.
Heavy rain had fallen on already waterlogged ground and flood waters had risen rapidly in the area.
Services have been reinstated today, however, engineers are still monitoring flood water and working in the area and passengers are advised to check for the latest information ahead of Monday.
Affected routes - updated 9am on Sunday 17 November (updates in bold)
- Sheffield - Gainsborough/Lincoln, services will run as normal
- Sheffield - Scarborough/Bridlington, services will run as normal
- Doncaster - Hull services will run as normal
- Sheffield - Hull/Beverley, services will run as normal
- Doncaster - Scunthorpe, services will call at Kirk Sandall
- Doncaster - Sheffield, services will run as normal
Passengers are advised to listen for announcements and check information screens for updates where possible for services in affected areas, and to check ahead of travelling on Monday.
For up-to-the-minute train running information please check National Rail Enquiries.