Northern customers told to expect delays and cancellations following Bradford fire
Northern's customers are being advised to plan journeys carefully following a large fire near to the railway in Bradford.
The fire, which was first reported in the early hours of this morning (Monday) is causing significant disruption to journeys between West Yorkshire and Greater Manchester.
Until further notice, services between Leeds and Manchester Victoria are likely to be cancelled or diverted and, at present, services are unable to call at Bradford Interchange.
Rail replacement buses will operate between Leeds, Halifax and Bradford Interchange and further services along the Calder Valley may also be subject to disruption and amendments.
Northern’s customers are advised to check carefully before travel and to allow additional time for journeys.
Up-to-date information can be found via the National Rail Enquiries website.
Details of the impact to Northern’s services:
- Leeds to Manchester Victoria – Services at 12 minutes past the hour service departing from Leeds will be cancelled. Services at 42 minutes past the hour departing from Leeds will be diverted and will not call at Bramley, New Pudsey, Bradford Interchange or Low Moor.
- Manchester Victoria to Leeds – Services at 54 minutes past and 58 minutes past the hour from Manchester Victoria will be cancelled. Services at 17 minutes past and 19 minutes past the hour will be diverted and will not call at Low Moor, Bradford Interchange, New Pudsey or Bramley.
- York / Blackpool North - These services will be diverted where possible and will not call at New Pudsey, Bradford Interchange and Halifax. Where Northern is unable to divert these services they may be cancelled. Customers may travel on the Blackburn to Manchester Victoria service and change at Todmorden for a diverted service to Leeds or travel to Manchester from Preston then change to a TransPennine Express service to Leeds
- Halifax/Hull - These services will run between Hull and Leeds, but will not travel beyond Leeds. They will not call at Bramley, New Pudsey, Bradford Interchange and Halifax.
- Huddersfield to Bradford Interchange - These services will operate between Huddersfield and Halifax.
Rail replacement services will operate as follows:
Leeds – Halifax
- Departing on the hour – Leeds - Bramley - New Pudsey - Bradford Forster Square - Halifax.
- Departing at 30 minutes past the hour – Leeds - Bramley - New Pudsey - Bradford Forster Square - Low Moor - Halifax
Halifax – Leeds
- Departing on the hour – Halifax - Bradford Forster Square - New Pudsey - Bramley - Leeds
- Departing at 30 minutes past the hour – Halifax - Low Moor - Bradford Forster Square - New Pudsey - Bramley - Leeds